Siena: love at first sight
This tour is ideal for those visiting Siena for the first time and want to discover its history, traditions and most important monuments. You will meet your guide at the Basilica of San Domenico, where you will learn about the history of St. Catherine of Siena, patron saint of Italy and co-patron saint of Europe. Then on foot you will head towards the main street of the city, stopping to admire the beautiful medieval buildings that have made Siena a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the historic headquarters of Monte dei Paschi, the oldest bank in the world still in business, from there along the narrow streets you will reach the Duomo, a masterpiece of Sienese art from the thirteenth century. Inside the cathedral made entirely of marble you will see the beautiful works of Donatello, Michelangelo, Bernini and Pinturicchio. The tour will end in Piazza del Campo, considered one of the most beautiful squares in the world, where for centuries the fascinating Palio has been held, the famous horse race in which the contrade (neighborhoods) in which the historic center of Siena is divided are the protagonists. The guide will be able to enchant you with the story of the race and, above all, with the vitality and passion that still distinguish the contrade today.
- Discover the centuries-old history of Siena with a licensed local tour guide.
- Be enthralled by the tradition of the Palio of Siena and its contrade (neighborhoods)
- Step inside Siena Cathedral, where you can admire the famous marble floor, works by Michelangelo, Donatello, Pinturicchio and Bernini.
The price includes
- Guided tour
- Entrance to Siena Cathedral
The price does not include
- Tickets for unscheduled visits
- Meals not included
- Meeting point: To be agreed with the customer
- The itinerary includes: Basilica San Domenico, Banchi di sopra, Piazza del Campo, Duomo di Siena
- Free cancellation: within 48 hours
- Instant confirmation: no
- Accessibility for the disabled: yes
- Skip the line at the ticket office: yes
- Guide: yes
- Languages: tour available in Italian and English
View Larger Map