Val d’Orcia: where wine meets water
With your private driver you will arrive in San Quirico D’Orcia in the morning, where you will meet up with an authorized local guide who will help you discover the charming medieval village, an important stop along the Via Francigena that also once welcomed Emperor Federico Barbarossa. After driving to Vignoni Alto you will continue on foot for 2.5 km stopping along the way to taste the pleasant notes of Orcia Doc red wine and extra virgin olive oil at a small family-run farm. Once in Bagno Vignoni you will be amazed when you see the square which is almost entirely occupied by a pool where thermal water flows at 52°, frequented over the centuries by famous people, such as Lorenzo the Magnificent and Saint Catherine of Siena, then you will carry on to the park of the windmills. From there the guide will accompany you to the thermal pools where you can end the day in complete relaxation.
- Drive through the beautiful countryside of the Val d’Orcia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and stop to take beautiful photographs.
- Come and discover the exceptional charm of the central square of Bagno Vignoni
- Stroll down the narrow streets of San Quirico d’Orcia
- Walk along a footpath that connects Vignoni Alto to Bagno Vignoni
- Discover the stories and traditions of the area with your local guide
- Customize your tour according to your needs
- Sample an excellent local wine
- Relax as your personal driver takes you to your tour destinations
- The tour is not suitable for people with mobility difficulties
The price includes
- Qualified guide
- Drivers available for the day
- Wine and local oil tasting
The price does not include
- Tickets for unscheduled visits not included
- Meals not included
- Meeting point in the hotel lobby.
- Itinerary includes: Bagno Vignoni, Vignoni Alto, Bagno Vignoni
- Instant confirmation: no
- Accessibility for the disabled: no
- Guide: yes
- Languages: tour available in different languages upon request