Siena: the places of Saint Catherine
Discover on this tour the places visited by St. Catherine of Siena, patron saint of Italy, co-patron saint of Europe, and Doctor of the Church. You will meet your guide at the Basilica of San Domenico, where inside you can admire the relics of the Saint’s finger and head. You’ll discover the inner greatness of this small but great Sienese woman, who fought to bring peace to all of Europe.
From there you’ll move on to visit the house-sanctuary, where Catherine was born and lived for most of her life, you’ll see where her bedroom was and the remains of her family’s kitchen. You will then descend to Fontebranda, the oldest fountain in Siena, and then climb the highest hill to visit the Duomo with its wonderful works of art. Leaving the Duomo you will descend the stairs that lead to the baptistery and there the guide will tell you some more stories about the life of St. Catherine, the tour will end in the beautiful Piazza del Campo, with the famous Palazzo Pubblico that had just been completed at the time of St. Catherine.
- Discover the life of Saint Catherine of Siena, patron saint of Italy and Europe, with a licensed tour guide.
- Allow yourself to be captivated by the ‘Dialogue’ of St. Catherine of Siena, which continues to be as relevant as ever
- Enter inside Siena Cathedral, where you can admire the famous marble floor, the works of Michelangelo, Donatello, Pinturicchio and Bernini
- Be enchanted by hidden vantage points and unique places located off the beaten path of the tourist trail
- Customize your private tour according to your needs
The price includes
- Entrance to Siena Cathedral
- Guided tour
The price does not include
- Tickets for unscheduled visits not included
- Meals not included
- Meeting point to be defined with the customer
- The itinerary includes: Basilica San Domenico, Sanctuary House of St. Caterine, Fontebranda, Duomo, Piazza del Campo
- Instant confirmation: no
- Accessibility for the disabled: yes
- Skip the line at the ticket office: yes
- Guide: yes
- Languages: tour available in different languages upon request