A chauffeur will pick you up at your hotel and take you to Siena where you will meet a licensed tour guide who will take you on a tour for about 2 hours focused on the Palio, the horse race in which the Contrade, or neighborhoods, into which the historic center of Siena is divided, are the protagonists. You will visit a Contrada with its Museum and Oratory (the church of the Contrada), and together with the guide you will immerse yourself in a world characterized by a proud sense of belonging and a strong community spirit. What makes Siena truly unique is undoubtedly its social structure: your contrada is forever, you can’t change it! You will visit Piazza del Campo, where the horse race takes place on July 2 and August 16, and there you will have the opportunity to enjoy a light lunch at an outdoor table. From here, with your guide and driver, you will travel out to the countryside to visit the stables of one of the Palio’s jockeys. Here you will be able to stroke the horses, see how a jockey’s day unfolds, ask him questions, discover interesting facts and listen to anecdotes over a nice snack. At the end of the visit, you will return to your hotel.
- Discover the centuries-old history of Siena with a licensed local tour guide.
- Be enthralled by the tradition of the Palio of Siena and its contrade (neighborhoods)
- Go on an exclusive visit to a Contrada museum in Siena
- Visit one of the stables where Palio horses are trained and meet a real jockey in person.
The price includes
- Guided tour
- Entrance to the Contrada Museum
- Light lunch
- Visit to the stables
The price does not include
- Tickets for unscheduled visits not included
- Meals not included
- Meeting point in hotel lobby
- The itinerary includes: Piazza del Campo, Via Banchi di Sopra, Duomo, Contrada Museum
- Sportswear with comfortable shoes is recommended for the visit to the stables
- Instant confirmation: no
- Accessibility for the disabled: yes
- Guide: yes
- Languages: tour available in different languages upon request